Summary:
Tomlinson's article focus's on the types of metaphors used in writing and then to revise them.
Response:
I personally don't use metaphors very often when I write but I found this article very interesting.
QD:
1) I think she says this because she says that metaphors can not always be trusted.
2) You can not see the writing in front of you when you focus on the metaphor.
3) When I write I always feel the need to write it all down at once to get it all out using sculpting metaphor's.
4) I think there is always room for revision so I do think she may go a little to far.
5) I don't think that I use this process when I revise my papers because I don't think like that.
I agree with you answer for number two because a person cannot focus on two separate things, it should only be about the writing.
ReplyDeleteI didn't understand this article very much, and I was confused on the use of metaphors. By reading your #3 I got a little bit more of an idea of what was going on but still a little lost. Good job!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your answer for number two because I also believe that it is hard to understand the reading while the whole time you are trying to decipher metaphors. Make sure you put your own reflection as a paragraph after your answers to the questions. Don't want to violate the contract!
ReplyDelete