Thursday, January 12, 2012

Steadman

Summary:
In the article "Annoying Way People Use Sources" Steadman has an interesting comparison. He compares the way people use sources in writing to slow drivers in the fast lane on the highway. I agree with this comparison because it is quite annoying when people don't go the speed limit in the fast lane. His main point in this article is that to have a piece of writing and to be able to have the reader understand it, you cannot just throw random things in an article. For the reader to understand you need to put things in the correct place in your writing. You need to make it make sense to someone who hasn't done the research that you have on the topic.

Response Questions:
I think that all the articles compare very well on pretty much the same points. All articles want you to be able to write and article that the readers will understand. All the authors put in their articles the importance of using quotes and properly putting them in your writing. They also stress the importance of properly citing your quotes. I have been taught that when i use sources outside the book material for the class that I must do a book or text citation page and turn it in. My view on sources has not really changed. I still follow the same requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment