Tuesday, January 31, 2012

February 1 homework

Lamott summary :In her article she explains that to get to a good paper that you should have 3 drafts. The first is a rough draft just to get things written down, the second is where you revise your writing to make it better, and the third is where you make sure its all the way done.

King summary: In his article he talks about how when we write we use a form of telepathy.

Goodman summary: In her article she talks about how to write and be a confident writer. She explains that you need to make yourself not think about bad ideas while writing.

Haruf summary: In his article he talks about how every writer has different things they do when they write and how it might be different to other people but it helps that writer.

Sontag summary: In her article she talks about how with every draft you write there is always a better version.

Diaz summary: In his article he talks about how he spent 10 years on 1 article and all the obstacles he went through in writing it.

Using these essays: With all of these articles I don't see any similarities. All the writers have their own way of explaining what it takes to write a good article. I don't see any of the authors grappling the rules because they know the rules.

MM:
1) First I learned that I need to put bad thoughts or ideas out of my mind when I write. Second I learned what  I can do to make my writing better. Last i learned that it is important to meaning into my writing.
2) My writing has not changed that much but I think I am getting better at knowing what is better about my writing and knowing what to fix in my drafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment