GRR: There are many places out there that you can get help from. I would personally start with the people around me as in my friends. I would also use resources like books or informational websites. Your friends and teachers and even parents are a great way to get information or feedback and assistance.
Response summary:
Porter's article "Intertextuality and the Discourse Community" he goes about explaining what plagiarism is exactly, and also how to define it. At one point in the article he brings up the idea that an piece of writing that is new, is just something added to a previous writing. I thought this article was a good piece of writing and i enjoyed reading it.
QD:
2) I disagree with Porter because i think that every writer should be able to voice there opinion or what they find.
3) I think that he calls the idea of and autonomous writer "romantic" because the readers think that the writing is better than anything else when in all reality it comes from other sources.
4) Before I read this article my writings have always been evaluated the same. I had to follow a certain format and if not then i was told my writing was wrong.
5) I think that Porter's does not follow his own writing based on his definition of intertextuality.
6) According to Porter no writing is original because the ideas had to come from somewhere.
MM:
Porter's study has not really changed what I think about writers and writing. If I adopted his notion it would change the way I write.
No comments:
Post a Comment