Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30 homework

Harris summary:
In this article Harris tries to explain that if you have multiple drafts of a paper that you will have a better chance of making a better overall paper. 


Harris response:
I personally have always only produced one draft of my writings. I like to sit down and write it all through at once and go back and make the changes that I need to make after its all done. 


Ransom summary: 
In this article Ransom talks about how you aren't just a good writer naturally that you have to work at it to become good. 


Some other questions to consider:
1) I found the study of my own writing very interesting in this article. I think that they need to realize that there isn't just one specific guideline to correct writing. 
2) I have found that when I do write things down that they come easier but I don't normally do that and I have not tried the writing for exploration. 

2 comments:

  1. I am a one draft writer too and i think that ransom was also trying to show that we need time to edit and revise when writing and that if we leave stuff to the last minute then we spend more time editing than writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of disagree with you're Harris summary. I think that the article was trying to say that either way of writing, you may find some benefits, but there will also be some disadvantages. There really is no right or wrong way to go about it, it all depends on the individual writer. Nice job summarizing everything else though!

    ReplyDelete