The article talked about how there are articles that are meant to grab certain readers attention. It also said there was a certain formula for all writing from celebrity magazines to academic books. Its talks about how you can actually not force yourself to read for a class but how to actually enjoy it.
Ch1 pg 34-36
This article talks about the actual facts and what is true and to be believed in writing.
Ch1 pg 67-85
This article talked a lot about different types of thinking. It also talked about how when you are asked to do a research paper that you don't have to follow just one type of guideline. A person needs to be creative even with a research paper.
topic proposal: is grammar important in papers?
response: To me rhetoric means that a person knows how to write and speak efficiently. In academic articles i think that rhetoric means that a person can read the article and understand and comprehend what is in the writing to the fullest.
WAW:
1) facts are what you learn from textbooks, opinions are what you have about clothes, and arguments are what you have with your mother when you want to stay out late at night.
2) she thinks that students take what they read in textbooks as more of like a story. She thinks that all students look at a book for class to be all facts and not opinions that the author could have put in the text. In my opinion I think that she is right because i have always just read a textbook for class and always just assumed what I was reading was fact and true. I feel like i still don't completely understand how to read a text book and get opinions and not just think it is all facts.
3) this article taught me a little more on how to persuade someone through writing. It taught me how to use sources to persuade someone.
6) i think her ideas will change my writing style when I'm persuading someone. I will be able to use the sources i find to make it a better piece.
MM: she analyzes rhetoric a lot when she talks about a persuasive piece of writing. It would be more useful for me to use her findings when i would do a persuasive paper or even a research paper.
I like when you reflect on your own understanding and experience. That is what I most want to see in these responses (Please remember to add more of that in a last paragraph overview of your thoughts about the ideas from the reading).
ReplyDeleteOn #1, you seem to have copied what Kantz says Shirley believes, but what does Kantz argue facts are instead?
I agree with you when you say that rhetoric is for your articles to grab the readers attention., and I also believe that her article is trying to get the point of what rhetoric is and how to use it across to her readers.
ReplyDeleteYou need to use rhetoric in everything you write or say in class to hook who is ever listening or reading so that they want to continue to do so.
ReplyDelete