Baron summary:
In his article he discusses how today's population is lazy and how today's computers and all the electronic technology have made the population that way.
QD:
2) I agree with Baron and that this is one of his messages in his article.
4) A film camera and cd's used to be huge in technology. For these things they have been advanced and improved and left the originals in the dust.
6) The illustrations make the text funner and more inviting to read.
Response:
I thought this article was very hard to read. I didn't quite understand it.
Malcolm X summary:
In his article he talks about his experience in prison and how he rewrote the dictionary to learn to write.
QD:
1) I think his audience are people who may not be the most educated or are struggling with education. This paper would be something that would make someone feel good and want to try to become better at writing.
2) He defines it as that you are able to read what you are reading and that you understand what people say when they are talking to you.
3) School, prison, and the library are his literary sponsors. I think the library was the most influential because it gave him the books where he learned to actually read and write.
4) I don't think this was the case for him.
6) I think that he read more than college students makes sense cause he didn't have much schooling. I particularly don't like to read so it hasn't really changed how much I want to read.
AEI:
I think that today's technology is making it easier for people to become literate and easier for people to communicate to the sponsors in a quicker way.
Response:
I enjoyed this article, I realized how fortunate some people are and it made me realize what some people who are not as fortunate have to go through.
Alexie summary:
In his article he talks about how he learned to read even if it was through picture books.
QD:
1) When I was in high school and in my English class sophomore year I got an A on a report I had to do and thought I was a good writer. But then my junior year I had to do a research paper and I got a D and i have not liked writing since.
AEI:
1) I think it is possible for people who are in poverty to do what they did but it would be hard and difficult and that is what most people don't make it through.
Response:
I think that this was a good article with a lot of insite to the people who are less fortunate and don't have the same resources as people who have more wealth.
I also think that people can overcome poverty with motivation
ReplyDelete