Summary:
In her article she states that it is very important to understand what position you hold and who you are in your workplace. She explains that your own identity and the authority you follow effect writing.
QD:
3) I think it was a negative outcome based on that he did not want to change the way he wrote even though it would have been better.
4) I think that it happens very often when people use language without thinking and say things without realizing it or giving it a second thought. When we think about language and realize that we are using it we tend to think a lot more about what we are saying.
5) The fact that Alan wasn't accepted into the discourse community because he didn't want to change the way he wrote, I would agree with Gee.
6) In the community he was going to be used to help fix it and put it back together so that would make him a kind of tool as to put it all back together.
7) In school teacher's are supposed to be the authority figure but when you see them make a mistake, it makes it harder for you to see them as that authority figure.
AEI:
To me this means that when given the authority that people will look to you in guidance but if you are under an authority figure that you must follow the rules.
Response:
I thought that this article was much easier to read than others we have read. I really liked that she made a character that was going through her argument and it made the entire article easier to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment