Summary:
In their article they performed a little experiment where they took a first year student and doctorate student and made them do the same task. The outcome was that both students concluded that with a longer time as age and experience that people write with more authority.
QD:
3) Janet doesn't think that there is room for anyone else's opinion in paper and she just reexplains what she finds in research in her paper. Roger has more of a conversation type of writing and writes with more authority.
4) She doesn't think that she can write something that goes against a published authors pieces. She doesn't state her own ideas and restates what the published authors have already wrote.
5) I think that my type of writing falls under Janet's type. I am very straight forward and stay behind what other authors have published.
MM:
One way is that I will try to put my own ideas into the paper. Another is that I will not just restate the research, I will try to be more confident.
Response:
I thought that this was a good article to read and get an understanding of what I need to do to help me personally with my 4th paper.
On number four I agree that she is having difficulty with the whole published authors vs. little ol' me and that is causing a lot of conflict within her writing. You might need to make sure you are putting the title and authors into your summary like Professor Whicker wants us to do though just to make sure you get credit!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you completely in number 5. I also stay behind what other authors have published.
ReplyDelete