Friday, March 2, 2012
Intro for paper 4
The importance of grammar and how it is important in someones writing have been misleading. Being taught that there are one set of specific rules that you have to follow when we write hurts the creativity of a person. Thinking that you have only one way to write and this way is the only correct way make a person trying to write just not be able to be creative. The more they lose their creativity aspect the more boring the article becomes. I have always followed the guidelines or rules that I was taught when I was in school. It affected how I thought of my own writing. So the importance of grammar has two sides, and which is the better way to get the point of what you are writing across?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Because this is directed toward a specialized audience (writing studies scholars and students) you'll want to begin more specifically with what that community has most recently done/said about grammar:
ReplyDeleteGrammar instruction has long been a contentious issue in writing instruction (names of sources documenting contention). Because of the No Child Left Behind Law, however, Grammar has once again become a central feature of writing instruction at the secondary level...